Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Re-Opening the Library

Two years ago, I started a blog to share my thoughts on "pulp" fiction - tales of crime, mystery, suspense, horror, action, and the Weird, dating primarily to the first half of the 20th century - as I rad them.  I lost interest or got lost in other hobbies for a while, and then discovered I'd forgotten my logins for that blog.  So let's try this again, now that I'm working harder to avoid spending all my leisure time staring at a screen (irony of ironies, then, this blog and the fact that much of my reading is done on a Kindle) and have begun making time to read for pleasure again.

Who am I?

Hi, I'm Bill.  I'm 28, reside in Rochester, New York, and I've been "pulp" as long as I can remember.  John Carter has been the ideal of manhood I've held myself up to (and fallen far short of) since I was in the 5th grade, and I've thrilled to the adventures of Tarzan, David Innes, Conan the Barbarian, Randolph Carter, Solomon Kane, Doc Savage, the Shadow, Zorro, and others ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment